Right, this has to be quick 'cos I' snowed under, but I have a dilemma.
The background is two-fold:
1. My bike lives in my shed; my shed is padlocked. The padlock on the shed has broken, and won't open (i.e. you turn the key and nothing happens - fecking cheap padlocks). So I can't get the bike out.
2. I am a volunteer ranger for Sustrans, which means I help to maintain cycle paths in Belfast. This Friday, I have to meet a couple of other rangers, which means I need the bike.
I have procrastinated about this for a long time now, but the time has come when something needs to Be Done.
As far as I can tell, the options are:
1. Borrow a bike for Friday. If you can help and have a bike in East Belfast, please let me know!
2. Get cutters and cut the lock off. But I don't know where I could get cutters. Are they standard equipment for DIY types? Cos I could ask around a few people, but I don't know how likely they are to have them.
3. Keep fiddling with the lock and hope it opens. But I've been doing this for a few weeks and it hasn't worked yet.
If anyone has any other ideas, including instructions on how to pick a lock, please let me know!!