Tuesday 7 April 2009

Easter

I love Easter. And spring. And daffodils and tulips and bluebells and longer days and it being a little bit sunny.

I think Easter is my favourite time of the year. Christmas is OK, but spoiled by everyone pitching in and making us all materialistic. Halloween I hate. The summer is generally a disappointment. But Easter is splendid.

A question: why does everyone worry about over-indulging at Christmas but not at Easter? Cos I think, with all the Easter eggs, I'm more likely to over do it at Easter. And at least Christmas dinner has nutritional content; in fact, it has almost your full 5 daily portions of fruit & veg in one meal (although admittedly it helps if you count the grapes in the wine). Easter just has tons of chocolate. Not that I'm complaining, mind.

No comments: