Saturday 25 October 2008

On The Clocks Going Back

This has to be quick, 'cos we have Relatives visiting (Second Cousin and The Boyfriend, from Engerland) and Mama Smile has decreed that I am the Chosen One to give them a tour of Belfast. She said last night that they'd leave The Homestead at 9 and be in Belfast by 10; in Mama Smile speak, this means they'll have left at 8.30 and be here any second (although I suspect that The Relatives might scupper the usual 'leave-before-the-rest-of-the-planet-awakes' plan).

Anyway, Second Cousin is getting her hair cut at 12, so we have about an hour and a half to fill beforehand (if we assume they get here at 10 and then we spend half an hour faffing about, deciding what to do, and getting into Belfast); it is (and I'm sorry, but there's no other word for it) pissing it down here. I'm not convinced that Second Cousin and Boyfriend are that keen on a tour of Belfast in any case, so I'm thinking the Big Wheel could feature heavily (them, not me - heck no) and then they might like Victoria Square for lunch and some shopping.

Also my computer has decided it needs to restart, and I'm having to be quick on the draw to postpone it every couple of minutes.

Anyway, I forget why I told you that, other than to say that I don't have much time to write this.

What I really came here to say today was that I love when the clocks go back (which they do tonight in Belfast, and probably some other places), because it means that I. Get. An. Extra. Hour. In. Bed.

Nice.

No comments: