Sunday 12 August 2007

Because you have a right to know...

Now I don't want to cause anyone the slightest undue alarm, but your Favourite Smile is sick, and I feel you have a right to know. Before you go out of your minds with worry, I should add that at the moment I expect to make a full recovery; I will of course notify you immediately if that changes.

I woke up this morning feeling OK, but a tad sleepy. I got out of bed to get ready for church and felt the most almighty of all stomach spasms. Of course, being the soldier I am, I carried on getting washed, dressed etc, before finally conceeding defeat and getting undressed and back into bed.

So I am now in bed feeling rather sorry for myself, because of course Dozavtra is not here so I am all by myself. I am getting intermittent stomach cramps and feeling very tired. Just half an hour ago I got up to go down for some Bicarbonate of Soda (my mother's suggestion), but my legs seem to have turned to jelly so I got straight back into bed.

So there you have it. I was considering posting hourly bulletins on the front gate, such as happens at Buckingham Palace when the Queen is ill, but I'm not sure the front gate is up to it.

In the meantime I am staying in bed reading, sleeping and crocheting popcorn.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I will share with you my experience of said affliction. Just last week I felt the initial bouts of "cramping" but as had arranged my first cycle ride in 2 centuries didn't want to let my friends down. So I attempted to scale the "Knockagh" run of East Antrim... somewhere nowhere near the top I was overrun by not only exhaustion but overwhelming stomach cramps... waves of those brutes.

I'm sad to say my only solution was to pretend I was crouching by the side of the road as one end of me deposited evil on the road side whilst the tractors went by.

I covered up, and continued relieved about my cycling business, this time downhill.

I think I may regret telling this.