Tuesday 1 January 2013

Books For 2013

Right, this isn't THE post for today, but I've set my reading challenge for 2013.

2013 Reading Challenge

2013 Reading Challenge
Sharon has read 0 books toward her goal of 35 books.
hide

I'm not sure whether the widget automagically updates as I read things, but we'll see.  This time I've gone for 35 books, up from last year's target of 30 (I managed 32).  The previous year I only aimed for 15 and managed 17, so you can see I'm upping my game this time round.

I have some books I'd like to read.  They are:

Novels:
Nathan Coulter
Wolf Hall (started)
Great Expectations (started)
The Poisonwood Bible
The White Tiger
Middlesex
A Place on Earth
East of Eden
Housekeeping
Bleak House
Brave New World
The Wind-Up Bird Chronicle

Non-novels:
The Radical Disciple
Prayer (the Philip Yancey one)
Something about discipleship... suggestions are welcome

I may, of course, read entirely different books, depending on what catches my attention.

Further suggestions are welcome.

Edit [2nd Jan, 2.40pm]: Following further suggestions, the following have been addded:
How to Train Your Dragon
The Island
The Cross and the Switchblade

No comments: